Speech synthesis is a conversion of unknown normal language text into speech. Speech output of information is a speech interface without which communication can’t take place. Actually due to speech synthesis there can be one more data transmission channel from PC and mobile phone to person.
It is very convenient to listen to your e-mail, timetable of the day or latest news while preparing for negotiations. No longer strain your eyes, nervous system trying to read tiny fonts in emails or web pages. Listen to anything you used to read with text to speech (TTS).
Speech synthesis technology is becoming more and more important in the society. Speech synthesis system is widely applied and implemented in many solutions. Text-to-Speech technology is the best way for people with defective eyesight.
Any text consists of words separated by blanks and stops. Words pronouncing depends on their location in the sentence, word meaning; phrase intonation – on stops. Accordingly, in order synthetic speech sounds naturally, it is necessary to solve the whole range of tasks of how to ensure the naturalness of voice (smooth sound and intonation) and the correct placement of accents, decryption of abbreviations, numbers, and special signs allowing for the grammar of the Russian language.
There are several approaches to solving problems:
- Allophone synthesis systems ensure stable but insufficient natural, robotized sounding
- Systems based on the Unit Selection method ensure more natural sounding but may contain fragments of speech with sudden failures of quality up to the loss of intelligibility
- Hybrid technology based on the Unit Selection method and amended with units of allophone synthesis.
VitalVoice system was developed on this technology basis, which ensures stable and natural sounding on the acoustic level.
- Construction of the automated information-reference telephone systems of voice self-service in the Contact Center (SVS - voice self-service system)
- Integration into corporate information systems
- Notification and warning systems
- Insonation of information, posted on websites (Voice Internet)
- Navigation Systems
- Reading of information from internet websites (strips of news, blogs, etc.)
- Automatic translators
- Portable devices for people with sight and speech disabilities
Applications based on PC:
- E-mail reading, quick access to business information
- Russian language programs
- Creating of Audiobooks
- Computer Games
- Integration into the device (payment terminals, automatic newsstands)
- Owners and developers of online news sites and sites with frequently updated content
- Public bodies that host sites in the Internet whose information should be easily accessible to all citizens
- Private companies, whose sites are aimed at the greatest access to information about the company for a wider audience
- Companies which are interested in creating and hosting of its own podcasts from an unlimited amount of content without the usage of speakers and special acoustic conditions